The Art of Decluttering
Date: Fri, 1 May 2020 (Part 1) and Sat, 16 May 2020 (Part 2)
Time: 2PM (SGT); 60 minutes
Books, clothes, and boxes. These things can go from objects to a system of placement and give you the support system you need. Spark joy with decluttered spaces as you introduce austerity to the places you call home with Singapore’s First KonMari Consultant-In-Training, Amanda Ling.
The KonMari Method™ of tidying is a methodological and empathetic approach to the process of decluttering and tidying, helping one explore the personal relationship one has with each item and compassionately facing the emotional and mental blockages which tend to show up within the process. This builds the “tidying muscle” and contributes to better mental and emotional health, bringing about greater clarity and resilience and promoting productivity and better decision-making skills in all areas in life. In this two-part series with Amanda, she will share the philosophy, process and benefits of the KonMari method™ while highlighting the relationship between the external environment and your inner mental and emotional states.
Who this is for
– You may have heard about the KonMari method™, based on Marie Kondo’s best selling “The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying”. Perhaps you have read it, gone through the process and/or are unsure or may have lost some motivation along the way in applying this method in your own home.
– For those who are feeling lost at managing spaces or the sharing of spaces with family members as a result of isolating at home during these unprecedented times.
– Anyone who is keen to explore how decluttering and tidying can improve their mental and emotional state.
What to bring or prepare
– Pen and paper.
– Take a walk around your home and note any categories or areas of concern.
– As this is an interactive workshop, come with your video switched on and ready to engage!
Former rocker chick turned yogi, Amanda Ling, read and applied Marie Kondo’s “The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up” in 2015, to her home and found great connection to that method and holistic wellness. Inspired by the joy, structure and simplicity that was ignited in her life, she wanted to help others find that same spark through this simple, spiritually nourishing method. Amanda is Singapore’s first KonMari Consultant-in-Training.
Our virtual workshops and experiences are designed to provide holistic resources to empower your personal growth journey. We have united with our tastemakers during these difficult times to bring our community together and provide relief to those most affected by the crisis. It is for these reasons—and if you have enjoyed our sessions—we would like you to consider making a donation to keep our sessions running and supporting grassroots causes. 30% of the proceeds will go towards grassroots movements supporting migrant workers in Singapore. Feel free to reach out for more details. You can make your donation using the QR Code, via PayPal or PayNow (UEN: T14LL2596K). All amounts are welcome. We thank you for your generosity.