We are looking for a passionate, high-performing and multi-tasking full-time cultural lead who bears the following skills and qualities, to join us in growing an independent travel and lifestyle brand:
(i) HR Technical Skills
- In-depth knowledge of labour law, HR best practices and degree in Human Resources or related field;
- Ability to develop, implement and monitor HR strategies, systems and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy;
- Ability to find and recruit new talent independently by applying own search methods, HR tools and networking in the travel space;
- Performing selections for potential new talent, screening candidates and coaching/assisting colleagues in conducting interviews;
- Ability to handle technical and administrative HR tasks, including leave and salary processing, reimbursements, pay, etc;
(ii) Cultural Programming
- Supporting current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital through the roll out of a cultural framework for the team;
- Developing our company culture to attract talent and drive engagement and monitoring the (through private coaching sessions with team members) and implementing improvements as necessary;
- Advising on employee retention strategies, maintaining pay plan and benefits program, and assisting managers with talent development opportunities;
- Ensuring all aspects of the business are aligned with the team’s culture and values and driving any interesting “great place to work” initiatives;
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest trends that drive company culture;
(iii) Organizational Structure
- Researching, assessing and implementing an organizational expansion plan with respect to the business from a people perspective;
- Considering and implementing the most cost effective and efficient means for the team to collaborate cross-boundaries or in various disciplines – this includes implementing structures which may involve freelancers or outsourcing.
(iv) experience in sales in the travel market is preferred – in particular, is capable of dealing with enquiries from previous, existing or prospective clients or corresponding with existing or prospective partners/suppliers of the company, governmental authorities, including the design of itineraries and proposals;
(v) capable of dealing with any operational matters relating to HR, such as the preparation of internal documentation and establishment of standard operating procedures; and
(vi) flexible and responsive attitude -given that we are a lean set-up, job descriptions are dynamic and tend to evolve to include other roles. In this regard, a genuine interest in travel as an industry is key.
Please send us your CV highlighting relevant experience and a cover letter describing why you have what it takes to be a member of the Blue Sky Escapes family. Please email the following to email@example.com.